- About Us
- Heritage Ottawa
- MET Adult Choir
- MET Adult Christian Studies
- MET Care
- MET Seniors
- Single Adults
- Small Groups
- That's a Good Question
- Young Adults
- Contact Us
How You Can Give
- Use offering envelopes when you attend
- Pre-authorized Donations (to register, complete this FORM (click here) and return it to the church office, to the attention of the 'Envelope Secretary.')
- Donating Online through Canada Helps * (CanadaHelps deducts a 3.9% fee, then forwards the balance to The MET within 7 days. CanadaHelps will email to you your official tax receipt for the full amount of your donation. You may choose to receive your receipt each time you donate, or you may choose to receive your receipt annually. Should you have any questions regarding your emailed tax receipt contact: www.canadahelps.org)
*The MET will respect your privacy. We would like to send you an acknowledgement once per year. If you would allow us to do that, please check off "yes" for mailing communications. Thank you in advance for your donation!
To view our 2012 MET Financial Statements and 2013 Budgets, click here (PDF).
At The MET, we believe Christians are called to be generous with the resources God has entrusted to them. Here are a number of biblical principles we follow in our approach to giving:
- Giving is voluntary, as each person seeks God’s direction on the use of His resources (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Giving is planned, and not impulsive (1 Corinthians 16:2)
- Giving is proportional to the Christian’s ability or prosperity (1 Corinthians 16:2)
- Giving is sacrificial, acknowledging God as the benefactor of all good gifts (2 Corinthians 9:11)
- Giving cheerfully and generously is generously rewarded (2 Corinthians 9:6-7 and Luke 6:38)
- Giving is a spiritual discipline, an exercise for the Christian to develop character (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- Giving is a step of faith, where the Christian demonstrates trust and dependence on God and the primary importance of the spiritual and eternal over the material and temporal (Matthew 6:33).
If you have questions or need further information, please contact our Treasurer.
Charitable Registration Number: METROPOLITAN BIBLE CHURCH MINISTRY CORPORATION
BN/Registration Number: 872612874RR0001