Members' Meeting - Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 4pm
- Meeting will be virtual
- Notice of Meeting
- Ministry Corporation Director Nominees
- Property Corporation Director Nominee
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements - Ministry Corporation*
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements - Property Corporation*
*Reports have been reviewed and signed by the respective board directors; signed copies are in The Met office.
More information will be forthcoming, including meeting registration link and electronic ballots.
Please email questions to [email protected] prior to the meeting. Responses will be posted on this page. The Board will not be answering Members’ questions during the Members' Meeting.
Members' Questions for Virtual Meetings and Electronic Voting
1. Q: A family member and I share the same email address – will we each receive an ID, password, and link for electronic voting?
A: Yes, each Met Member has a unique personal ID number and will receive a unique electronic voting ID, password, and Simply Voting link, regardless of email address.
2. Q: How will quorum be calculated?
A: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, government regulations have allowed quorum to be calculated using total number of votes cast electronically plus paper ballots. Based on membership figures as of May 9, 2021 quorum is 198 votes.
3. Q: Using the electronic voting system, can the church see who I voted for or is my vote anonymous?
A: Your vote is anonymous. The Met is employing Simply Voting, an independently managed server and service, for electronic voting. The Met does not have access to your vote; election results will not be known until the election is closed.
4. Q: Will I be able to see everyone who is attending when I connect to the virtual Zoom Members' Meeting? Will the Board members be able to see me?
A: The Members' Meeting will be set up as a Zoom Webinar – you can see and hear the Board members and presenters but they cannot see or hear you.
5. Q: How can I ask questions at the Members' Meeting?
A: Email questions to [email protected]; responses will be posted on this page. The Board will not be answering Members’ questions during the Members' Meeting.
Bylaw Highlights Regarding Members’ Meetings:
1. Proxy Voting - A voting Member may appoint another voting Member of the Metropolitan Bible Church Ministry and Property Corporations (a Proxy), to attend and vote in their place. Proxy votes count towards quorum.
2. Quorum (minimum number of members present in person or by proxy) of 35% of total voting members is required to transact business at a Members’ Meeting. If quorum is not present at the start of a Members’ Meeting to transact business/vote, the business meeting is adjourned but may continue as an information session.
- How many Proxy appointments can one Member have? A Proxy may represent a maximum of 2 other Members per meeting.
- What is the Met’s quorum? Quorum varies depending on number of Members.
Prior to a meeting packets of information containing proxy and electronic voting links are sent to all Members via email or mail. Meeting agenda and documents are posted on the Member page of the Met’s website. It can be easy to discount the importance of voting – active participation in the Met’s corporate governance is the privilege and responsibility of a Member. If you cannot attend a Members’ Meeting, or friend or family member cannot attend, please take the time to complete a Proxy Voting Form.
If you have any questions please email [email protected] or call 613-238-8182.